Tasheena at Dear Reader Blog nominated me for this, and I am honestly so excited! It will be a nice way to get to know my viewers and take a break from posting reviews!
The rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
3. Nominate 11 blogs.
4. Give them 11 questions to answer.
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I love to read, and I wanted it to be an extra challenge for me. Ordinarily I read so fast and so often that sometimes I don’t give myself time to digest before I jump into the next one, so blogging and reviewing books is the perfect way for me to slow down a bit. Now that I’ve started blogging, I’m realizing that I also LOVE the book reviewing and blogging community! Everyone is so amazing.
2. Paperbacks, Hardbacks, or E-books? (or all of the above?)
Hmm, that’s a rough one. E-books are so nice because they are convenient, but I LOVE having either paperback or hardbacks! I have to say that if I have a series, I do prefer for them to be either paperback or hardback and not a combination. I also like paperback a little bit more I think because they are easier to hold.
3. What is your favorite genre of books (better than just picking one ;D)?
It definitely varies. The main genre is always gonna be YA/New Adult, but the subgenre’s definitely vary. I’m a huge fan of romance, but on the other side I love mystery/thriller’s as well.
4. What author do you think ‘changed the game’?
This could go so many ways, honestly. I’ve decided to answer this on a personal level. The book series that really got me into reading was The Mortal Instruments, so I’d say Cassandra Clare changed MY personal reading game.
5. What was your favorite book as a child or one that meant a lot to you?
For children’s books, The Giving Tree. My mom and I would read it every night before bed and everytime we’d cry together.
For other books, probably The Books of Pellinor. It was one of the first series I was ever into, other than TMI, and I loved it. I have all the dogeared books on my shelf that I’ve written notes in.
6. What book are you excited to share with your present or future child/niece or nephew?
I’m so excited to share so many books with anyone. My tops would be Relentless, The Mortal Instruments, The Books of Pellinor, The Lunar Chronicles, Vampire Academy… the list could honestly go on forever, just look at my Goodreads.
7. Which book character do you wish were real and you could meet?
I’m going to do both male and female for this one.
Female character, I’d honestly love to meet Rose from Vampire Academy, Clary from TMI, or Maerad from The Books of Pellinor.
Male character, I don’t know how to choose just one. Daemon from the Lux Series, Dimitri from Vampire Academy, Jace from TMI, Kaidan from Sweet Evil, there’s just tooooo many.
8. What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
Ah, jeez. I’m gonna get a lot of crap for this, but I’m going to say one of my favorite’s is Twilight. I’m aware, it’s terrible, but it’s so bad that I love it. I can’t even describe why. I just do. I watch it every so often. BUT ONLY THE FIRST ONE!!
On a more real note, I enjoyed Silence of the Lambs. That’s a good movie.
9. What do you think is the worst book-to-movie adaptation?
I’m going to say The Great Gatsby. Leo, I love you, but something about the movie rubbed me the wrong way. The colors and lights and music was too much. I loved the book, and I kind of didn’t feel like the movie did it justice.
10. What TV show are you diggin’ right now?
My constant is The Office, I’ve watched it no less than 15 times through.
Other than that, I like watching reality TV and cooking shows, but not anything specific at the moment.
11. What’s your favorite book of 2017 so far?
OOOohhh, this one’s tough. I loved Tell Me Three Things because it was so sweet and cute. I also really enjoyed Dead Girls Society, The Dead List, Some Boys, Starflight and Wormwood. Lots of different genres and choices in there, but I really loved all of them and I’d read them again in a heartbeat.
Karoline at Karoline’s Book Reviews
Kris at Boston Book Reader
Laura at Page Turners Nook
Nadwa at Painfully Fictional
Rose at Tea with Rose’s Tomes
Rimpy at Rimpy’s Reads
Hannah at Hannah’s Beautiful Fantasy
Lizzie at It’s Me, Lizzie!
Deanna at Deanna Reads Books
Kathy at Books and Munches
Michelle at Bookaholic Banter
- How long have you been blogging?
- If you were could only read three books for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- Do you prefer paperback or ebooks? Why?
- What are your top three favorite genre’s for books?
- What is your favorite book to movie adaptation? Least favorite?
- If you could enter ANY fictional world, which would it be?
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
- What fictional character would you spend the day with if you could?
- Do you like to go out of your comfort zone with genre’s?
- What’s your favorite movie/tv show/book at the moment?
- Which of your all time favorite books do you recommend for your followers and fellow book bloggers to check out?
I’m really excited to read all your answers to this! Happy blogging everyone!